Our F21 sensor uses D-Cell lithium metal batteries which last 18-24 months in standard retail environments. If you believe your F21 sensor’s batteries are dead, contact Dor support to order new batteries. Our F20 sensor uses 4 AA lithium batteries and can be replaced with standard batteries from the store.
Once the batteries arrive:
- Take the sensor off the mount
- Press the white button on the sensor.
- Take out the old batteries.
Please properly dispose of the non-rechargeable lithium batteries at a battery recycling facility. Do not dispose of lithium batteries in the trash. Battery recycling facilities can be found at www.call2recycle.org or by calling 1-877-2-RECYCLE
- Place the new batteries in the sensor, being sure to pay attention to the +/- orientation.
- Put the sensor back on the mount.
- Confirm the sensor is connected in the Device Status page of the Location’s page.